Thursday, October 27, 2011

WHY THE NEW YORK YANKEES GIVE THANKS


The 2011 season certainly did not end up the way we all wished. It really was an up and down year with, unfortunately, our Yanks getting knocked in the ALDS. But the season did have some amazing, historic moments that we all got to witness and give thanks for.


Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit game might have been the greatest regular season game I have ever witnessed. Jeter's flair for the dramatics is unlike any player I have ever seen in pinstripes, yet he does it all with such class. When he hit that home run for #3,000 I just shook my head and said "only Jeter!" Hey, and lets' not forget fans, Jeter went 5-5 that day and had the game winning RBI.

And Mariano Rivera, statistically, is now the greatest closer of all time and has the record to prove it. Look, we have known for years that he is the greatest closer and one of the greatest pitchers of all time, but now at least he reached the peak of the mountain among his peers.


You know, as a fan of the Yankees I have always felt close to my teams year after year. I mean, I know they are millionaires and superstars and, as fans, we aren't hanging out with these guys off the field but I still feel like the players and the fans are one big family. Maybe dysfunctional at times, but hey, what family isn't, right? So when I came across this video I just thought it would be cool to share with all of you. Thank you Yankees!

So here are our boys giving us thanks: 






--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017