I saw this floating around and immediately had one question:
Who the hell made this thing?
Bill Belichick standing next to Aaron Boone with “8 rings combined” plastered across the bottom is technically clever, I guess.
Except Belichick did the heavy lifting.
The meme says one has eight and the other has zero. The larger point is dead-on: Belichick has actually reached the mountaintop repeatedly. Boone has been managing the Yankees since 2018 and still hasn't won a World Series.
So please don't put these two guys together like they're some kind of championship power couple.
One is associated with championships.
The other is associated with explaining losses.
And that's where this meme accidentally pisses me off.
I've heard every Aaron Boone defense imaginable. Great regular-season record. Players love him. Good communicator. Keeps the clubhouse together.
Wonderful.
Where's the freaking ring?
Boone has 778 regular-season victories and a .582 winning percentage as Yankees manager. That's impressive until you remember we're talking about the New York Yankees, where the assignment isn't win a bunch of games between April and September. The assignment is to win the World Series.
Nine seasons. Zero championships.
That's the stat I care about.
And worse, I still don't trust him when the game gets tight. I don't trust the pitching changes. I don't trust the lineup decisions. I don't trust the feel for the moment. October exposes managers because eventually the spreadsheet stops helping and somebody has to actually manage the baseball game in front of him.
That's where Boone scares the hell out of me.
Yet here we are again in 2026. Aaron Judge is 34. The championship window isn't going to remain open forever, and somehow the Yankees continue acting as though Boone deserves unlimited attempts to figure this thing out.
Why should I expect this October to be different?
I don't.
Maybe the Yankees get hot. Maybe Judge carries them. Maybe the pitching catches fire and Boone finally pushes every correct button.
I'd love to be wrong.
But after nine years, I'm done predicting something I've never seen.
So congratulations to whoever made the meme. You got your engagement.
But don't ever put Aaron Boone's name next to Bill Belichick's rings again.
Belichick earned his jewelry.
Boone is still looking for the damn store.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.