Tuesday, November 19, 2013

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT CLAY RAPADA DID NOW


Sounds bad... well, it's not, it's great actually.

It doesn’t get any better than Clay Rapada.  I think most of us can agree on that, right? I’d admired the guys ability from a far long before he became a New York Yankee.  I love his delivery, we’re both southpaws and so, that’s always appealed to me as well.  I tend to follow the lefties and guys like Clay Rapada is one of them.  No, unfortunately for Boone Logan, he’s not in my favorite category.  No offense… and I’m sure he’s not offended.


Clay and I break each other’s balls.  That’s what we do and I appreciate that because in this world of Twitter, celebrities seem to sometimes think that “social networks” don’t apply to them, meaning, they can tweet out something they consider important and expect us fans to follow and they never bother being “social” again.  They think they’re Tweet is the only thing that matters, and the fans don’t.  Clay Rapada, Laura Posada, Amber Sabathia, Ken Singleton, etc… they don’t do that.  That’s social!  That’s how you use Twitter!

So… what the hell am I rambling on about? Ah… Clay Rapada being a man of his word!  Clay received a BYB shirt a while back with the Indians.  We chatted about it and he told me he’d wear it.  Not so much of an endorsement… it was a favor.  I got it, I also got that he was on another team that competed against the Yankees and the idea of him wearing it during the season would be downright weird.  I waited… patiently.


Finally, after a combination of Clay’s bud Hello Kitty holding up a Bleeding Yankee blue shirt in Times Square and Clay entering free Agency officially… it happened.
That was followed by a tweet and alittle ball busting and hey, that’s how the world goes round, right?

Now, you can sit there and read this and this, “Who gives a crap, it’s Clay Rapada.” Well, I give a crap.

My readers, the ones who have been with Bleeding Yankee Blue since day 1... they give a crap! Why?  Because BYB started out as a rant against Sergio Mitre… and turned into something more.  We’re a family now.  We “give a crap” about our writers, our readers and yes… Clay Rapada.  It’s a respect thing.  Write that down.

Thanks Clay, you made my day. We want you back in the Bronx… maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t, but it doesn’t matter to me… I’ll always be a fan of yours. You’re a good dude, and a man of your word.  Mad respect!

Anyone out there want to shoot Clay a note on twitter? Do it. His handle is @pada5something.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017