Friday, April 12, 2013

CLAY RAPADA BREAKS BYB'S BALLS BACK!

Try saying that 5 times fast...


Look, I've been busting the balls of Clay Rapada for weeks now. Not because I dislike him or anything. It's quite the opposite. I've liked the lefty since before he came to the Yankees. The guys a damn good reliever, I've always said that. Getting him to the Bronx was a bonus. Getting him back after they released him a few weeks ago (Read GUESS WHO JUST SIGNED CLAY RAPADA?) was even better. And I know that even though the dude came back in a minor league deal with the Yanks, there is no question the guy will be back with the big team soon. 
(Photo: of Clay Rapada's old Twitter avatar)
My biggest beef (not really by the way) was his hilarious old Twitter avatar pic of he and Hello Kitty. I mean look, there are hundreds of thousands of avatars on Twitter of everyone and to be honest, I rarely pay attention, but I admit, I saw his and I laughed when I saw it.  Rapada and Hello Kitty? Seriously? It proved one thing to me...  The dude's cool!  He likes to have a good time, he doesn't take himself too seriously, yet he's a master at his craft when he goes to work. You gotta love and respect that. It makes the world go 'round.

You want to know why I think this way?  Because I was caught off guard yesterday on Twitter. Clay Rapada turned the tables on Bleeding Yankee Blue and tweeted to this to me... Needless to say, I was taken by surprise:

Actually bro? It is.  You look bad ass... you're on mission to get back to the big show and I'm psyched for you. Here is Clay's new Avatar.

Now... truth be told, I like Rapada more now, on a personal level. He's real. You can't beat that. Who knows, maybe it's a positive move and the vibes of the "Avatar change" will be a clean slate for him and he'll have a great season in his comeback with the Yanks. I hope so, Clay's a good dude.

Thanks for the banter Clay, and thanks for the follow.  Welcome Back!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017