Sunday, September 3, 2017

I AM WHAT I AM... BUT THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR CHANGE


I'm loud. I swear a lot. I like to be provocative and I have many people in my life that I call friends because of it.  And you know what? They truly are.  And through my years at Bleeding Yankee Blue, I have matured and became a better person getting to know others that I've never met before September 14, 2010 (BYB's birth), because they open my mind to different aspects of what I do, how I present myself and who I am as a person. And you know what? I am a good, honest person that takes tips from all sides, even if I don't agree... even if I recognize what they're trying to say... whatever it may be, I take all of it very seriously, and try to fix what I can control.

Now if you're just clicking on this post today, you have no idea what I'm rambling about. Lucky for you... we keep you in the loop here at BYB.  Read THE COMING TOGETHER THAT IS BYB!... then come right back to this space...

In a nutshell, readers were offended... so were some of my writers, because sometimes the words I use in my world of being provocative hurt people.  That never, ever meant to be my intention.  I never want to hurt anyone.  I take that stuff ultra seriously.  I'm a lover.  That's one thing you gotta know about me.  I have plenty of people in my life that are extremely important to me.  Many of which are you the audience... as well as my writers who, trust me when I tell you, are the greatest gift that I have ever received out of my creation of Bleeding Yankee Blue.  Life long bonds that will never, ever be broken. And I'm speaking of current... and even past writers from this fan site.

But the reality is, in my quest to be read and "real" and have alittle fun... sometimes I get ahead of myself.  You see... I write like I speak, and it's not that I speak to disparage anyone. But what I mean is I speak provocatively with a wise mouth and probably a lot of words my kids aren't allowed to say.  It's who I am.  I don't go calling people bitches, but when it comes to writing, I sometimes feel the need to 'shock'.

But let me be clear... it doesn't make me less intelligent and NO, again, I don't speak badly of ANYONE.  But my point is I let it flow because I like to get a rise out of people. I like to get a snicker, a chuckle.  I once had a woman friend of mine laughing hysterically at me followed by a "I like the way you talk!"  I get a kick out of that.  But now I'm in a much different role. I'm the chief of BYB, a pretty big product. I have responsibilities and after an excellent dialog with Suzie Pinstripe... I thought long and hard about how to refocus my energy on these pages.  That's why I asked her to publish THE COMING TOGETHER THAT IS BYB. That's why I'm here right now explaining my journey.

I'm sorry. 

I'm sorry if I used words on this page that you don't like. I mean nothing by it. I don't even think about it that way.  But some do, and I will change the way I write. I will be more careful.


When it comes to those negative or words.... like B or 'whore' (and even speaking of Jose Canseco)... I won't.  You have my word.  The last thing I want to do is turn away my audience... the audience that is made up of mostly women in this New York Yankees fan world.  Seriously, it's wrong... I get it...

And I want to address something else before I leave you with this heavy piece on BYB this Sunday morning.  And it goes out to whitehorse67... a reader, a fan of the site... maybe not of me, but the site.  I saw your comment late last night after Suzie Pinstripe's story release.  I'd like to publish it here because it's part of the point of this.  whitehouse67 wrote:


Now I never told anyone to "pound salt". I did suggest I am who I am. And yes, I also wrote BYB MAY BE ABOUT FAMILY, BUT WE'RE NOT BABYSITTERS . But since then... it's clear, I have learned my lesson, and because the audience is asking and because some of my writers are as well, I will choose my words wisely. I owe that to all of you.  After all, you found BYB... you stayed with us, and me being crude doesn't help keep an audience.

Thanks for this exercise. I will do better.

Do you forgive me?


Be Read. Get Known.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017