Saturday, September 22, 2012

AROUND MLB & EDDIE MONEY

That's one way to get a hit: Ichiro Suzuki got a shirt hit last night. I know, you have no idea what that is, right? Ichiro cranked a hit to A's pitcher Jarrod Parker and the ball fell into his shirt. Ichiro ran out the hit and Parker struggled to try and get it out of his shirt.  He couldn't. Base hit Suzuki.

The video is HERE.  Really weird and a highlight real for years to come. It reminds of of the time when Terry Mulholland had the ball stuck in his mitt and threw the whole mitt to first base back in 1986. I think I just dated myself.  Whoops.


42: I cannot wait to see this film.  Chadwick Boseman plays Jackie Robinson, one of the bravest men in the history of this great nation.  I am a baseball movie freak so this is a film that I will no doubt recommend when it comes out in April 2013.  Give the trailer a look. "You give me the uniform. You give me a number on my back. I'll give you the guts." God Bless Jackie.

The Washington Nationals clinch: Wow, that was fast. It is the first playoff spot for a Washington baseball team in 79 years. According to the Washington Post, Adam LaRoche said “This is no doubt a big day for this organization and this city... Not to downplay the day at all, but guys aren’t satisfied at all. We don’t look at this like mission accomplished.” Read HERE. Congrats on clinching, but yeah, there's still a ways to go.

Stand up guy: Elliot Johnson of the Tampa Bay Rays is cool as hell.  What other athlete is tweeted by a fan to come out and play catch with them in the parking lot before a game and they actually do it? The full story is HERE. The video is HERE.  Bravo Elliot Johnson, it's nice to see this kind of stuff once in a while.

Time's up!: Eric Duncan retired. You remember Eric Duncan right? He was a Yankees farm hand and last season he was in AA for the Royals.  According to NBC Sports, "Duncan was the Yankees’ third baseman of the future, as the 2003 first-round pick ranked as the game’s 36th-best prospect in 2005 according to Baseball America and then cracked the top 100 again in 2006." It turns out, he retired now at the age of 27 and will help coach at Seton Hall, read about it HERE.




Money's Back!: Eddie Money is still around and thank god.  Sure, Money has nothing to do with baseball, but I have to tell you, I laugh hysterical every time I see this GEICO commercial above.  Enjoy it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017