Saturday, January 21, 2012

WHY I HAD A RUN-IN WITH THE YANKEES GENIE

That's right, you read it right! I had a run in with a Yankee Genie! Bet you didn't know one existed?! Okay so here's how it went down (humor me)...Last night I decided to wipe the dust off my baseball card collection. I have so many cards I collected over the years that it would take me all week to finish. So I decided to just break open my favorite box...the "Don Mattingly" cards! I have a huge box that contain all of the cards I could find of my favorite player of all time. Anyway, I picked up his minor league card and began to polish up the casing. Within seconds, POOF! Before my eyes, a Genie appears. Not just your everyday Genie either. No, this Genie was wearing a #23 Mattingly Yankee home jersey! So right away, you know this is a cool Genie!

Anyway, the Yankee Genie looks at me and says, "Good and faithful Yankee fan, because of your loyalty I will grant you three Yankee wishes for the upcoming season." His only stipulation was that the wishes had to be "within reason"(do you like how I quoted the Yankee Genie?) He also said that the wishes had to be for individuals, not the team as a whole. So, of course, that left out my wish that the Yankees go 162-0, sweep playoffs, including winning #28. Anyway...moving on. I said, "OK Yankee Genie, I think I have three Yankee wishes for the upcoming season...Here we go...Wish #1: Jorge Posada stays in a Yankee uniform! Yep, I asked the Yankee Genie for Jorge Posada to change his mind and come back one more year as the Yankee DH! One more ring! One more kick ass season to seal his deal for the Hall of Fame. The Yankee Genie asked me how "kick ass" I wanted his year to be? I want .320 avg., 30 HR's and 101 RBI. Hey, it's my wish, not yours!


Wish #2: ARod is once named American League and World Series MVP! I asked the Yankee Genie to get the old ARod back. I want a .315, 50 HR, 155 RBI regular season ARod. But that is just the beginning. Let's cement ARod's legacy by giving him the sickest World Series performance ever. How about .440 avg, 8 HR's, 22 RBI. Okay, one more wish....

Wish #3: AJ Burnett wins 25 games! Even the Yankee Genie looked at me strange with that one. But hey, like I said to the Yankee Genie, these are my wishes dude! He said "OK, 25 wins it is, and just because I am nice, he will even ENJOY the season and not sulk!" Thank you Yankee Genie!

Okay, so full disclosure, there really is no such thing as a Yankee Genie. He really does not exist! I know, it's crushing news to hear that, but unfortunately it's true. But my wishes, they are very real and man, I wish they all come true, don't you?


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017