Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WHY THERE'S FAITH

You have to give AJ Burnett alot of credit. It shows hope. He pitched well. Not great obviously, but well. I don't even blame him for the Molina home run. I blame Girardi who has a chart for everything, except for a list of historic Yankee killers over the past 10 years. Any true Yankee fan knows that Molina is a Yankee killer and you match that up with a quickly fatigued AJ who hasn't pitched since Ocotber 2nd and you lose every time. Molina's a chunky dude with no speed, he's a great catcher. He's an average hitter, EXCEPT for when he bats against the Yankees. That's just a fact. Know it, live it. It's simple to understand.

Now, let's look at the confidence. Burnett looked good. When a pitcher is good, a team is good and as the game progressed, it was obvious, the Yankees were on their way. But after that home run by Molina, and that hammy pull injury by Mark Teixeira (who by the way was hustling down the line when he got his injury) and suddenly, all the confidence is gone. The hits have stopped, the ball being hit by the New York Yankees suddenly can't find it's was out of the infield. The Ranger's Holland has replaced Hunter and shut the Yanks down. Which brings me back to AJ and Girardi's wonderful over managing chart checking skills. You had a rested Dustin Mosesely sitting in the bullpen. You don't need to do pitching matchups just because Burnett gives up a home run. Moseley can easiely pitch us through to the 8th and give us a shot to get back in it. He rewarded us with that great relief in Game 1 and we need to reward him with another shot out there. One thing we know... Mosesly's capable and proved it. And answer me this... Does Mitre have pictures of Girardi with a dead hooker or something? Why are we even seeing this guy in the Post Season? It's bad enough he sucks in the regular season. Hey Girardi, just because you may have caught this guy back in Chiacgo when he was a rising star, doesn't mean he can still pitch. Bottom line is, he can't. Dump the Bum.

Jeter was on fire tonight, and the Captain needs a shoutout. You know the guy has fight in him, he's had it for years in the post season. Cano's the man, and of course, my man Grandy is still going strong. These guys want this series and they give Yankee fans a reason to believe. What the Yanks need is a non-existent Swisher and A-Rod to step up, before it"s too late.

BTW, Swish, talk to Jeet about getting hit by a baseball while up at the plate. If any team needed a run at that moment to sway momentum,it was the Yanks. It was the bottom of the eighth when you had the bases loaded. I don't know if you felt it or not , but at least grab your shin, you're killing me.

You see, I have a problem, I'm thinking about losing tonight as I am about playing tomorrow. Maybe that's my problem. I'm already thinking about a rematch of CJ Pretty Boy verses CC at 4pm. I know it's going to be a battle, so that's why I wanted this game tonight, so we can battle and win tomorrow instead of a do or die situation. Anticipation. Maybe I need to work on that.

Oh and Let's talk about the MVP race. I said it and I mean it, whomever wins this Series will determine if Cano or Hamilton get the MVP. I have to say though, Hamilton is a Super Freak, incredible power.

Game 5 tomorrow and it's do or die. We need to do this now, and damn it we can. I still believe, but the Yankees have exhausted me the past 2 days. CC needs to pitch big, Yanks need to win big tomorrow. We have one more shot New York... get some confidence, get some hits, get some runs and start smiling, you are the reigning champs. Keep the line moving or we die.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017