Wednesday, August 21, 2024

WHAT MAKES ANY OF US THINK WE CAN ACTUALLY GO DEEP IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH THIS UNSERIOUS FRANCHISE?


We can tout ourselves as being in first place (second place) and having a home run leader and number 1 free agent all we want, but if the bullpen continues to suck,  if the batters continue to not do their job and rely on Aaron Judge and Juan Soto... how the hell does anyone expect to even go deep into the playoffs in October to the point where we make it to the World Series. AND... if by chance we even get there... do you really have faith with this puppet loser at the helm who makes excuses for this players every single night? 

I have never seen a more incompetent manager in my life.  You may like him there, I do not.  I think he's pompous, yet stupid.  He's "in charge", yet a puppet.  He doesn't understand how to speak to the media, he gives his players a pass EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and there is no excuse for it.  And so again, I ask you... what makes any of us really think we can actually go deep into the playoffs with this unserious franchise?

I find Jomboy to be the most unentertaining product out there. I'm not a hater, I just find it painful and that's my opinion.  But he was right for calling out Anthony Volpe for sucking and it was ridiculous for Aaron Boone to sit there trying to defend the guy.

 

Boone's sitting there talking about how good he is defensively and that's fine, but we're not winning, and last time I checked a nice catch isn't getting runs across the plate.  THE YANKEES NEED PRODUCTION, WHAT IS BOONE NOT GETTING?


Face it, Volpe is not a good hitter, but we knew that when we brought him up.  He is at Shortstop because he's a very good defender, but that's about it.  Omar Vizquel was the same, but the only reason why Omar's remembered to this day is because he was around for 45 years (I kid). But longevity keeps Omar's name knocked around to this day.  I don't see Volpe as Omar. I see him as a guy the Yankees are trying to pass off as a star player.

The Guardians are better than the Yankees.  On paper for sure, but it was clear last night that they have better tools to win.  We do not. The bullpen doesn't work... and hasn't all year.  By the way, it's worth noting once again, that the Yankees only picked up a significant player this offseason in Juan Soto.  Sure, Alex Verdugo is there but he appears to be dogging these days and Jazz Chisholm was exciting for about 48 hours and now he's hurt.  But don't worry, Aaron Boone and the Yankees will stick with their guys, "cause they're about to break out any moment." THIS FUCKING GUY HAS BEEN SAYING THIS ALL YEAR! It's August 21st.  You cannot be serious.

When is the Yankees front office calling this Bozo out?  The New York Yankees are NOT a serious franchise.  We aren't, because if we were, Clay Holmes would no longer be out closer.  I mean wasn't it Craig Kimbrel that lost his job as a closer for not doing his job recently?


My point is we can't keep hanging out hat on Holmes was an All-Star. He's clearly not doing his job.  It's pathetic.

And so, I say, even if we get there, what are the chances seriously that we could actually be a World Series Championship team?  The answer? We won't. We're awful... 

I went to one game this year. I got the tickets for 20 bucks each and watched the Yankees lose to the Rays by a lot.  I went to the food court and ate and drank and watched on the televisions.  It was so bad; I left in the 6th and didn't turn the game on when I got home.  Why? Because the Yankees are awful.  That's why.

We need change folks.  I have never hated a team I've loved all my life as much as I do right now.  They are not serious, and I see no end in sight.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.