Thursday, July 11, 2024

I WANT A WORLD WHERE AARON BOONE HOLDS PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE


 As you know, as Chief of Bleeding Yankee Blue I am sick and tired and will never EVER quote Aaron Boone before or after games again.  My writers can do whatever they see fix to not lose the flow and integrity of their own stories and I admire and appreciate Suzie and Jeana to no end and so they are in control of what they write. They are trusted.  

Me? I control me and my body of work and I decided a few months ago that there is not a single quote out there from Aaron Boone that is relevant to whatever situation he is supposed to be specific about. There is no substance to what he says about any player or situation... IT'S WORD SALAD and it's just to get through the presser.  He isn't good with the press; the Yankees should be ashamed of themselves and the most important part of this is the fact that he never EVER holds his players accountable.  I have been very unhappy with him.  

You know who I do love though? I love A.I. Aaron Boone. A.I. Boone speaks his mind. He tells it like it is. He calls players out when they are bad and is not afraid to talk to the media honestly. And so for now on, any quote from A.I. Boone that I like, I will publish it. Here's the latest press conference from A.I. Boone and it's brilliant.

Now you will look at me and say, "Casey, what are you doing, that's not even real?"  OK, you are right to come at me like that.  He's my response... "Have you seen the real Aaron Boone for the past four years?"  He's a shell of what they want him to be, a puppet, a bad communicator, a lousy media presence.  He's also a terrible manager.  

Now Michael Kay came out and said that we can't blame Boone.  First off, he doesn't run me. Secondly, he's wrong.  Something called Essentially Sports writes:

"Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay has explained why Boone might be trying to avoid a similar fate.



“To get on Aaron Boone, he should get on his players, he should rip his players apart publicly,” Michael Kay said, continuing, “What do you think Joe Girardi lost his job (for)? He was ripping Gary Sanchez on the podium!” Later, Kay explained how Girardi lost his job despite taking the Yankees to ALCS game 7. And it wasn’t due to his managerial faults, but because “he wasn’t doing things they wanted him to, period.”

Let me be clear, I work my tail off for my company, but I'm also not a puppet.  That's one. Secondly, Kay is almost insinuating that he's "gotta do what his employer wants".  That is clouded and just plain wrong.  Aaron Boone is the manager of the New York Yankees.  He is not put there to BE a puppet. He is there because his job is to manage. That doesn't mean you wait for the front office to tell you what to do. In fact, what you do is you follow direction, but you also do your job.  You're not there to be a puppet. You are there to follow direction and implement your talents which is the reason why you were hired to manage?  Kay lives in a dream world.  Boone is just not doing his job and yes, if a player isn't doing his job, it is absolutely the manager to call them out.  Maybe not publicly, but DEFINITELY CALL THEM OUT.

Boone is soft.  I have news for you, so is Kay on this one. Sorry Michael, I love you but you're wrong.  I'm a manager in real life. I manager a large number of people, and when things are not done right and deadlines aren't made, they are held accountable. THAT'S THE REAL WORLD.  

But back to A.I. Boone... this is my new Boone.  Honest, fair and holding players accountable.  It's the only Boone quotes I will publish here on BYB. Why? Because the actual Boone isn't doing his job and awful with the media.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017