Sunday, August 13, 2023

THE YANKEE BRIGHT SPOTS IN AN ODD SEASON


There aren't a lot of highlights this season. The Yankees are riddled with injury, they are just not playing well. Boone's a Bozo.  It's just disappointing to be a Yankee fan.  Look, you still have to root, and let's be clear about something; when I rip on my team, I rip on my team because I want success out of my team.  I don't hate my team, I'm frustrated.  But make no mistake... I love my New York Yankees. Always have since the day I saw Ron Guidry strike out 18 to now.

With all the uncertainty, one thing IS happening.  Guys that have not had many chances are getting chances and are stepping up big time. I really love what I have seen from Billy McKinney and Jake Bauers. I'm a fan of both.  And two pitchers are actually really making a jump and a difference for this team. They are getting opportunity and they are running with it.  Those guys? Randy Vasquez and Jhony Brito. The New York Post writes:

"...a few young arms have answered the call.

After Randy Vasquez was effective in a bulk role following an opener Friday night, Jhony Brito was better on Saturday, albeit in a 3-1 loss at loanDepot Park....

rookies Vasquez and Brito, who both have chances at significant roles for what the team hopes will be a run at a wild-card spot.

Brito followed up Vasquez’s 3 ²/₃-inning, two-run performance by relieving King in the third inning and tossing five innings of one-run ball."

The rotation's struggling... don't forget. Cortes is out again, Rodon is down.  Ian Hamilton and Michael King have struggled. It's really not fair to Gerrit Cole.  Cole's been amazing, but it's clearly not enough for this team. We need more, that's why Vasquez and Brito are going to be really important down the stretch.

Bottom line, when opportunity knocks, take it.  That's what these young arms are doing.  Let's hope they make the difference, and we can snag a wild card spot. It's literally the only thing we have right now!

Let's go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.