Tuesday, August 15, 2023

ROLLING OUT OLD YANKEES FROM YESTERYEAR WON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE YANKEES STINK!



The Yankees are rolling the bones out yet again.  Old Timer's day is September 9th.  On that day, Derek Jeter will debut as an Old Timer for the New York Yankees.  Nice moment, but let's keep this real; in my opinion is might be the biggest game of distraction ever. 



Yankee Brass should be ashamed of themselves. THE YANKEES STILL STINK.  Sure, it's a moment to celebrate but give me a break.

Hey look, I’m not saying Jeets, Andy, Jorge, Mo, etc.… are in rascal scooters or in-home nurses in tow, asking, “When are my stories on?” No, I’m saying their GLORY DAYS have passed us by.  They were epic! They were legendary! They were truly a Dynasty. 

BUT HOW IN THE NAME OF VON HAYES DOES THIS ROSTER OF PINSTRIPE TITANS HELP THIS, to steal a line from Pop Fisher, DEAD TO THE NECK UP BALL CLUB?  Yankee Faithful, are we stupid? I’m asking if we are somehow now the biggest clown show fanbase in baseball? Serious question. 

For decades the Yankee Fan was dialed into the game and team like no other. Now, well in the front office’s view, we see something shiny and forget about everything else.  We’ve become Cubs fans from the early 90s. Get 12 Olde Styles at Wrigley, sing Take Me Out with Harry, stumble out of the Friendly Confines and hit The Cubbie Bear. It’s so bad in the Bronx these days.


So rather than putting any thought into the current team the Brass rolls out Yesteryear ONE MO' TIME! Like it’s a bad Skynyrd Cover band that plays FREE BIRD once to open, once to close and 4 times in the middle of the set! 

AM I ALONE HERE? I feel like Lewis Black at this point!  F*&^% EVERYTHING AND F&^% EVERYBODY!

deep breath…



I am just done watching the Yankees this year. I still love Judge, Schmidty, Cole and some of the other fellas, but this is just lousy baseball. The team is a badly run ship of misfitting pieces. It was built with massive holes in the hull. HOW CAN IT FLOAT? It can't.

So go watch the Old Timers Day game! Sure, Paulie, Jeets, Boomer, Coney, Mr. T, Mo! Yes, they'll all be there. Hell, you can then hit the Deegan and be home before the actual team gives up a five-run 3rd and meekly scratches across a run in an 8-1 loss.



I have to ask... WHERE HAVE YOU GONE STICK MICHAEL? THE YANKEE FAN TURNS THEIR LONELY EYES TO YOU!

Well, Cubs’ fans…er, I mean Yankee Fans…there’s always next year. At this point I’d take the four lads from Liverpool over DJ, Volpe, Torres and Rizzo.  Paul, John, George, Ringo…take it away. I too believe in Yesterday. Today? Nah. Tomorrow? I’ll get back to you at Mike Stanley Day at the Stadium next May.





--Mike O'Hara
BYB Contributor
Twitter: @mikeyoh21









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.