Tuesday, March 14, 2023

DONALDSON SAYS HE'S NOT DONE & I BELIEVE HIM!


Josh Donaldson proved that he's not that great anymore when he came to New York.  In fact, not to get too bogged down, but the Twins sent us 3 players that have kind of shit the bed. Josh Donaldson, IKF and Ben Rortvedt, whom, let's face it, I don't even think really exists. But that's a post for another time.

But Josh Donaldson is still in a Yankee uniform and still trying to prove the doubters wrong, and I have to say, I admire and like it a lot.  Defensively, I will always take Donaldson at third. I just think that he's terrific in the hot corner.  Offensively it is clear that he has slowed down.

Now if you know anything about me, I understand this game is hard and being in the majors and STAYING in the majors is even harder. That is one thing that Marci Hensley and I, (Ty Hensley's mom) have in common. We understand the grind, we respect it, and we root for the underdog and for hard work in this game. Ty Hensley was a perfect example of that. He worked very hard for a lot of years, injury after injury, he still managed to be in the public eye and tried his best to get one top. Sometimes time runs out and that's OK too. As long as you have a solid foundation, that stuff doesn't matter.

But back to Donaldson and back to never giving up. While most Yankee fans can't stand this guy, I admire the fight. He recently made a very bold statement as far as his future and what he expects from himself. Check this out. ClutchPoints writes:


"Josh Donaldson could have called it a career this past offseason...However, Donaldson decided against that. And the reason behind his decision to keep playing is rather simple. Donaldson believes he is still capable of producing at a very high level in the MLB.

“If I felt like I didn’t have anything left to offer the game, I wouldn’t have reported to camp,” Donaldson told The New York Post. “I feel like I have [something] in the tank or I wouldn’t show up. Obviously, I feel like I do. That’s why I’m here. And I’m going to give it everything I have.”

And for me, a true baseball fan and someone that believes in the grind and what hard work is about, I am thrilled to hear that.  Donaldson put up with a lot of fan bullshit in the fall last season, so the courage to come back is enormous, but he's here and he's doing it.  

For that, I admire him.  Go get after it, Josh!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017