Tuesday, October 4, 2022

EVEN AARON HICKS KNOWS HE SUCKS

I'm going to say this and then we're going to move on.  


If Aaron Hicks wasn't so arrogant suggesting he was going to be a 30 30 guy this year, no one would be riding his ass. But the fact that he has done literally nothing this season and was signed for 7 years and too much money just amplifies the fact that this guy isn't really what the Yankees were supposed to get.

Hicks has had his moments in pinstripes, but whatever happened to this guy is something of fascination for me.  I mean this guy can't play the outfield, he doesn't hit well anymore, and all the while I still think about this quote from Hicks:

"I feel like 30 home runs are reachable for me. Those two together are a dangerous pair. That’s definitely something I would like to do.”

If you don't remember, he said it in March of 2022. Hoch has the article HERE

Well now it's clear that with Harrison Bader coming in with some energy, Cabrera crushing it and Gallo gonzo, Hicks is exposed.  My take? He shouldn't be in the lineup or the field ever again... we good.


He knows it too. He knows he's terrible and he knows why he lost his job to rookie Oswaldo Cabrera. Read this from NJ.com:



"Cabrera is playing great. He’s been a huge part of our offense and I know what kind of season I’ve had, so I can’t be upset at someone coming up and starting off like that....

We want to win, and if he’s going to be playing left field, I’m the guy that needs to tell him exactly what’s going to happen because I’ve played left field. I need to do everything possible to help him succeed."

What a change. Hicks no longer sounds like a guy that's a competitor. He sounds like he's been beat.  

We don't need that on our team.  We need winners... we need aggressive play, strong dynamic in the clubhouse and we need guys that want to get on the field every single day.

Hicks? Nah... he's no longer that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017