Tuesday, October 4, 2022

ARE THE YANKEES REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT SHOHEI OHTANI?


I saw this report and the first thing I thought of was... we don't need Shohei Ohtani.

This story comes from a place called Inside the Red Sox on FanNation. Is it a planted story? I doubt it. Do you think we need Ohtani? I don't.  I think the guy's overrated, but what the hell do I know. Anyway. Here's the nugget:

"The New York Yankees have long pursued the 28-year-old superstar, and will have three more shots to land him in the next year or so: this offseason, the 2023 Major League Baseball trade deadline and next offseason, when he will become a free agent. There's steam building that the Bronx Bombers will do everything in their power to add Ohtani into the fold.

"The Yankees love the great Shohei Ohtani (who doesn’t?) and tried to acquire him again at the trade deadline (after originally trying to sign him out of Japan), but multiple baseball people have expressed doubts about whether he’d want to come to New York as a free agent," the New York Post's Jon Heyman wrote."

And of course, reading the fine print, you realize that the worst Baseball insider in the world, Jon Heyman, put this out originally.  That alone makes me weary of the whole story.

That being said, there needs to be some type of thread running through the Yankees needs and wants and while I do know the Yankees liked the guy early on, I don't know if that passion to get him really runs deep at this point.

I'll leave you with this, a last paragraph that puts this click bait all together for us:

"Should the Yankees go all-in, there will be no amount of money or trade assets deemed "too much" for his services. They should work fast, as their rival Boston Red Sox could be just as inclined to make a big move for the Japanese superstar."

There it is, a Red Sox sight that is aiming to piss off all us Yankee fans. Hey Red Sox... go for it. You need him more than us.

And so, now I ask you, the Yankee diehard... do we need Ohtani?

Comment.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017