Tuesday, August 2, 2022

IF BALLS JOHNSONSON WAS THE RETURN ON THE YANKEES TRADE OF GALLO, I WOULD HAVE BEEN THRILLED


You're reading the headline and wondering who Balls Johnsonson is. Right? Let me explain.

Balls Johnsonson was a fictional character I made in a videogame I had years ago for the Playstation 2 back in 2002.  Back then I played All-Star Baseball by Acclaim. The game was great because you could make players, store stats and even make up guys.  


Balls Johnsonson was the fastest player and hit for power, always hitting home runs, but totally sucked in the field restricting him from sometimes playing either first base, but usually only a DH. And that made up player was a staple in the games I played after 2002. It was a big joke. Why? Because my mind is demented and that's what I do... sue me. And so, that headline is an inside joke between me and a few of my buddies from back in the day just to give them a laugh. Because the reality is Balls Johnsonson is just a random nobody and today, Joey Gallo was finally traded. It could have been for a bucket of balls, it could have been for a low level single A player... and the bottom line is, it could have been for Balls Johnsonson. The point is, I don't care, as long as Joey Gallo is not in New York.

MLB Trade Rumors wrote:


"The Dodgers are taking a shot on Joey Gallo for the season’s final few months. They’ve reportedly agreed to acquire him from the Yankees in exchange for pitching prospect Clayton Beeter...

Beeter, a righty from Texas Tech, checked in as the #15 prospect in the L.A. system on Baseball America’s most recent rankings. He generates plus life on his mid-upper 90s fastball and has a good downhill curveball, but his lack of control seems likely to eventually push him to the bullpen. The 23-year-old has spent the season in Double-A, pitching to a 5.75 ERA with a huge 36.1% strikeout rate but an untenable 14.3% walk percentage across 18 appearances (16 starts)."

Bottom line, Beeter is better than Balls Johnsonson. He also has the potential to be better than Joey Gallo. That's it. The end.

At the end of the day, Gallo's time in New York is done, and thank God. This is good for the Yankees, but good for the Dodgers and great for Gallo who now has a clean slate.  I wish him nothing but the best.

Boom, the Gallo era is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017