Tuesday, August 2, 2022

WE GOT SOMEONE "ELITE" WITH HARRISON BADER


It sucks to see Jordan Montgomery go to the St. Louis Cardinals, but what we got in return will turn out to be a special player.  If you live under a rock, I should tell you that the Yankees made a last minute trade bringing Harrison Bader to the Yankees and JoMo went to St. Louis.  

ESPN writes:

"Bader has not played since June 26 because of plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He had played for the Cardinals across six seasons, hitting .256/.303/.370 in 72 games this season with five homers. He won a Gold Glove last year.

"Harrison Bader is one of the elite center-field defenders in the game,'' general manager Brian Cashman said, anticipating Bader will return in September. "So he provides a lot of lanes for us.''



The trade represents a homecoming for the 28-year-old outfielder, who grew up in Bronxville, New York, and was a fan of the Yankees. "

The Yankees now have great defense in September, you know... down the stretch. And he's considered "elite". Hey... I'll take it.

For Jordan Montgomery leaving the Bronx, it's shocking.  Montgomery said of today's events:


"Pretty shocked I guess... I still don't really think I've ever performed the way I should here. A lot better player than I've ever shown, but I think I was consistent and definitely worked my hardest.''

Hey, JoMo did everything right, even being called up to the pros probably earlier than he should have. But he did good and it's sad to see him go.

More on this trade and alot more in Suzie Pinstripes early piece tomorrow. Look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017