Sunday, April 18, 2021

WHEN IT GETS HARD, WALK AWAY... GOT IT.


I have no respect for a guy that comes out for a team, makes the team, takes a roster spot from probably another guy who deserves it more... and then, when the New York media chews you up as a washed up hack... you decide to do the easiest thing... retire.  I mean, Jay Bruce are you freaking kidding me?

This is when the Yankees need a leader to step up... but instead, Bruce made it about himself, not about the team. That shows me all I need to know about the character of this man.  It started when he made the team and went further when he walked away when it got hard. 

What a stupid experiment? Why in the hell are you walking away at the worst possible time? What is going on here? This is what we do now? We're all soft, I'm tired of it.

In case you live under a rock, this happened. MLB Trade Rumors writes:

"Yankees first baseman Jay Bruce has announced he’s retiring from baseball (via Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic). Today’s game against the Rays will be the final of Bruce’s 14-year major league career.

“After 14 incredible seasons, I’ve decided to make the very difficult decision to retire from baseball. All I ever wanted to be ’when I grew up’ was a baseball player, and to say that I got to live out my dream would be the understatement of a lifetime. This sport gave me more than I could’ve ever asked for,” Bruce wrote as part of his announcement (the full statement is available at the above link)."

I have no words other than, get the hell out of New York you piece of garbage. What a stupid waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017