Saturday, April 10, 2021

ARE THE YANKEES JUST TOO SOFT?


I'm not pleased with babying when it comes to my team. And for the amount of money these guys make, it really bothers me that guys like Aaron Judge can have "side soreness" and everyone just says "OK, lets put him on the IL."  I don't even know what general side soreness means, other than it's on the side, and you're a little sore. I guess. Point is, you ever work out and the next day you have some soreness around the muscles you worked out on? Is that the kind of soreness we're talking about or is it something else.  Bottom line, I'm tired of it.

Of all places, Golf Digest teed off on the Yankees in a great, witty piece by Coleman Bentley and goes further:


"Gio Urshela, who was originally scheduled to start at third base before being pulled from the lineup due to the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine. Can’t play with COVID and, apparently, you can’t play without it either. Add this latest rash of “injuries” to Giancarlo Stanton and his achilles [gestures widely] everything, which has limited him to a whopping 46 games of baseball since 2018, and you have the makings of a very real problem brewing in the Bronx.


Even manager Aaron Boone seems perplexed, and when asked by ESPN’s Marly Rivera whether or not he would characterize Aaron Judge as “injured” on Friday afternoon (a realllllllly good question), he admitted that he didn’t have an answer..."

And so I will ask again... are the Yankees soft?  I grew up in the 70's. We piled a bunch of kids in the back of a station wagon, rubbed dirt on a bruise on the baseball field and watched guys like Nolan Ryan  throw until his arm fell off... and guess what, it never did.  What has happened to this Yankee team that every little thing needs to be pinpointed and have these guys sidelined for "side soreness"?  I know... I'm riding Judge, but I gotta tell you, it's total bologna.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017