Saturday, March 13, 2021

LUKE VOIT REALIZES HE NEEDS TO STOP BEING A MEATHEAD


Love this story, because we here at BYB love Luke Voit. But here's the thing about Voit, he plays hard, but I've always thought that he plays like a football player... and this is baseball.

Randy Miller has a great story about Voit in the Bergen Record today... check this out:

"His left knee, the one that was sore a few days ago and led to a scratch from a scheduled start, indeed is fine. As for the other, the slugger is sporting a “gash” that occurred during his slide into third base after an ill-advised decision to tag up on a flyout to left field during Thursday’s spring training game in Clearwater, Fla.



“Probably wasn’t the smartest play,” Voit said on Friday.

His cut, although no big deal, probably will be a constant reminder to add more intellect into his brand. He wants to do that while still maintaining that fearless, aggressive style and mindset that Yankees fans seem to embrace as much as the 6-foot-3, 225-pounder’s popular weight-lifting videos and tremendous right-handed power.

“My left knee was the one bothering me a little bit, but I slid on my right and I wear a knee pad,” Voit explained. “My knee pad slid on me and I cut my knee. It’s a baseball injury. Everybody gets it. Instead of getting it during the summer, now I’m going to have to deal with it the rest of the season. Fun stuff, especially when you shower after the game!”

Now 30, Voit thinks it’s time to start protecting his body more than he has in past seasons.

“I’m getting older,” he said. “I’ve got to be smart and take care of myself because I can only play this game so long.”



Reminder to everyone who competes in sports... be smart, work hard, but know your limitations. You wanna play for a long time? Don't over do it, but still work hard to achieve greatness.

I see a monster year for Voit. Why? Because his mindset is about balance.  I'd love to hear from our BYB Managing Editor Suzie Pinstripe says about this... being a runner and all. Suzie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.