Tuesday, May 19, 2020

BIG SEXY IN THE BRONX AGAIN? MAYBE... MAYBE NOT


I know, I know, it would never happen... or would it?

I find 12Up to be a lot of fun to read. If you don't know them, you should check them out. They have a fun piece about Bartolo Colon and the New York Yankees, and here's the nugget that I appreciated most, stemming from a Sports Illustrated tweet:

"The ageless wonder last pitched in MLB with the Texas Rangers in 2018 and recently made it clear he wants to make a return in 2020. 


The New York Yankees are one team in particular who could sign him for a shortened 2020 season, especially since they always seem to need rotation depth. What is there to lose?...

The right-hander played with the Yankees for one season in 2011 and went 8-10 with a 4.00 ERA."

Well look, it's not a bad idea at all in theory, and I appreciate it. But here's the thing that bothers me about Big Sexy, and it's probably something that's on the Yankees radar. I believe for them, it comes down to morals and integrity.


1. Remember that PEDs issue? Remember the blood spinning? (Read HERE)

2. Colon has some interesting antics when it comes to his personal life, something that I believe has tainted him from ever becoming a New York Yankee again.  Back in 2016, it was revealed that Colon had a secret life.  Writes the New York Post:


"Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon has been living a double life that gives new meaning to his nickname “Big Sexy” — siring two secret love children with a woman while married to his devoted wife of 21 years, The Post has learned."

I think those factors will prevent Colon from making a come back in the Bronx, but some team will take him.  While I like the idea, I don't think it's going to happen in Yankee pinstripes though.

But hey... gotta love the allegiance to Big Sexy. Very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017