Friday, March 20, 2020

KEEPING LEMAHIEU SANE

Hey, I applaud DJ LeMahieu.


He's doing what works best for him in this weird time in the world. He's staying put and he'll continue to workout until the season begins.  Love this balls, but I'll tell you something else, he's a smart dude. I have no doubt he's practicing social distancing and he's just staying in his bubble, working hard.

If you don't know what I'm talking about it has to do with DJ sticking in Florida even though players were told they could go home while the whole season is on hold.

Our pal Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record has the story:

"DJ LeMahieu resides in Michigan, so he’s planning to stay where it’s sunny and warm and the Yankees’ spring training complex remains open. 


'I don’t really want to go home,’ LeMahieu said on Thursday morning. 'So, I’ll stay here, I guess, for the time being.’ 

Within the confines of Steinbrenner Field, the batting practices and infield work provides some escape from a world gripped by the coronavirus pandemic. 

'Personally, it keeps me sane,’ LeMahieu said. 

'It’s nice to be able to come here and at least do some baseball stuff. 

'I’d be going crazy if I couldn’t be able to do that.’"

I appreciate that about DJ and I totally get it.

And hey, kudos to Pete Caldera too. He's in Florida too, doing his thing. I feel like Bleeding Yankee Blue should do a story about him! I think I'll reach out and see if he'll chat with me.

Be safe, Pete, we love you here at BYB.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017