Thursday, February 13, 2014

WANNA BE INSPIRED? READ ABOUT VIDAL NUNO

Adam Berry of MLB.com had a good piece about Vidal Nuno and his being inspired when he was called upon to possibly be part of the rotation in 2014. In turn, you should be inspired: 


"...he's back in the mix for the fifth spot in the Yankees' rotation, set to battle it out this spring with Michael Pineda, Adam Warren and David Phelps.

'It's awesome. It's a big family, so pretty much just help each other, go out there every day and enjoy each other and have fun,' Nuno said, declining to handicap his chances at winning the job. 'Go out there and have fun. If it plays out, it plays out.'"


I like this kid.  He's not overstepping and he knows his role.  What's better is he spoke about his brief stint in the Yankees rotation last season and how he's looking forward to impressing in 2014:

" I can be at that level and pitch and everything. It gave me that motivation for the offseason to work out twice as hard."

In the Arizona league this year, he went 0-1 with a 3.20 ERA in 19 2/3 innings.  In other words, he's worked his way back from injury and the dude wants the ball!


I have a soft spot for this kid.  I like lefties and I've stated that before, I mean, I am one. But there's more to it. I just believe in this kid... because he believes in himself. That's a life lesson... write that down.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that with you.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017