Monday, July 15, 2013

TIME FOR HAL & HANK TO READ BYB!


Well, here we sit... just a 1 day away from the All Star game at Citi field in Queens.  Many of us die-hard Yankee fans have been so frustrated by all the injuries the Yankees have had all season... it's a mess, but BYB gets me up to speed daily.

We look at guys like Joe Girardi and his binder and we want to blame Kevin Long too.  Many of us are outraged because of all the so-called "rejects" the Yankees have picked up off the scrap heap... I think of them as re-treads like in the tires.  Many of the DFA's end up signing and wearing Pinstripes within hours of being let go by their former teams.  You can read the BYB archives about any of these guys. Meanwhile, many of the Yankee baseball prospects are near the top of the list... so why are we wasting our time on DFAs?   I, like many, scratch my head and think about what Brian Cashman is thinking by NOT bringing MORE of these prospects and giving them a shot.

I have stated in some of my past Bleeding Yankee blogs that we pay and develop players have for years. My question is, what does that say about our farm system if they don’t bring these guys up and use them? It's time... it really is.

(In Photo: Mark Montgomery)
Now, some of you know that I have attended some AZ Fall League games the last 3 years (Read HANGING OUT AT THE ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE), and I've seen some of the best in the Yankee minor league system play. For example;  Mark Montgomery for instance. I've heard some talk about how he could be our next closer. Montgomery should be up!  How about Slade Heathcott?


Slade should be given a shot... he has great ranger and can hit some monster shots.  The bottom line is we can't do any worse than what we have up here now.  Heck, with all the injuries this season, we then end up rushing Derek Jeter back too fast,  and he pulls his quad the first day back Come on! Now, we're all hoping it isn't too serious, but time will tell.

I, and others feel like Hal and Hank Steinbrenner don’t care about the Yankees and us fans and are laughing all the way to the bank. Cashman's hands are tied with the tightening of the wallets, it's clear aid is NOT on the way.
Sure, if the Boss were around, heads would roll, but sadly, he isn't and his sons now run the show. Man, I truly wish Hal and Hank read BYB, because if they did, they'd see what many fans feel. I wonder if it would change anything?  I don’t know, but if we got some kind of response, it would be nice.  Look, rumors are all around us lately, but will we actually do anything to better ourselves as a team? I wonder.  It's crazy, but this current 2013 Yankee team reminds me of the late 1960's teams when we had guys like Clete Boyer, Tom Tresh, Dooley Womack & Fritz Peterson... remember them?

(In Photo: Tom Tresh)
Now, you're reading this thinking, "Oh great, another Yankee fan giving up on his Yankees!" NO WAY! I am not bailing at all!  In fact, if you check the standings, this 2013 Yankees team has won 50 games before the All Star break. This is the 6th year in a row we have done that!  Check the standings, every team but the Blue Jays has won 50 or more games in the AL East. As I type this, we are currently in 4th place, only  6 games out of first in our division. So, once again we remain in the toughest division in baseball.  But, what am I hoping for? I am hoping the boys and Cashman shock us fans and make some beneficial trades before the July 31st deadline. I am hoping we start obtaining quality ball players, or at least get more of the kids up here to contribute! That's what I want. So folks, while it hasn’t been pretty the first half, we are still in the thick of this race, remember that. We just may need alittle extra to put us over.

As Sir Winston Churchill once said... "Never, never, never give up!" 



 --Dave Goode, Die-hard Yankee fan
Interviewed for his 30 plus years experience as a vendor at Yankee Stadium
THE VENDOR FROM THE HOUSE THAT RUTH BUILT




The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017