Thursday, May 16, 2013

DAVID ADAMS HAS ARRIVED!

He's finally here. We have talked about him a lot over the past couple of years. It's been a long, uncertain round for him, but he is finally getting his shot. I know I couldn't be happier for him. I think I have been waiting for this day for awhile. I believe that he is going to an important piece to the Yankee lineup.


The Yankees drafted David Adams in the third round of the 2008 draft. He has a lot of promise, but he also struggles with injuries. I like Adams though because he is versatile and he can hit. When he is healthy he has the ability to wear pitchers out and he makes getting an extra base hit look simple.


Defensively, he has a good glove also. No offense to Chris Nelson, he had quite the hitting streak going but Adams has better range defensively.While Alex Rodriguez and Kevin Youkilis are recovering, he can give the Yankees what he need both offensively and defensively at third base. It's been difficult to give Robinson Cano a day off with all of the injuries, so if Joe Girardi wants to give Cano some rest, Adams can also take over at second.

I think Adams is ready for this challenge. He has done well done in Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre hitting .316BA with 3 HR and 12RBI. As good as these numbers are, I think people know his name more because he was going to be included in the trade that would have sent him to the Seattle Mariners and Cliff Lee to the Bronx. When healthy, Adams could be a key addition to any lineup. I'm just glad he is still here.

Things could have been a lot different though. Back in march the Yankees decided to release him, and I wasn't too pleased with it, read FIRST BRANDON LAIRD, NOW DAVID ADAMS. Thankfully, three days later the Yankees resigned him. If they hadn't done that he may have went to some other team like the Miami Marlins and had a breakout year and made me more frustrated. Thankfully, that didn't happen. Instead, he is finally up getting the shot that he deserves and getting his first major league hit.


Last night Adams got his first major league hit on his birthday. I would say that is a pretty sweet birthday present and a very memorable day. Some players take a few games and battle with the nerves until they get that first hit. Not Adams though. He didn't try to do anything fancy. He saw the ball, hit the ball and made it count. That is why I like him so much.

Another reason why I like him so much is he speaks with conviction. I liked his post game interview last night. As soon as he  was asked about getting his first hit he said it felt great, "but getting the W was more important." He just wants to contribute, and he wants to win. It's taken awhile for him to get the opportunity and now that he has it I am sure he will cease the opportunity and run with it.

It's been a complicated road for Adams, but it is finally paying off for him. It sucks that a lot of our guys are out right now and his opportunity comes under these circumstances. I am just glad we are finally giving him a shot to prove what he can do. Some may still have their doubts, but it's time to let some of our guys show us what they are capable of.

Welcome to the Bronx David! Oh and Happy belated birthday, too.



--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ



Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017