Tuesday, December 4, 2012

THE YANKS AIN'T GETTING NOTHING FOR CHRISTMAS

Shhh.  Don't tell anyone... The Yankees have a secret gift coming, right?  I mean, there are moves happening all around us. The Red Sox have already snatched up Jonny Gomes and Mike Napoli, HERE. There were conflicting reports about whether or not the Detroit Tigers offered a 2 year offer to Scott Hairston, the same Scott Hairston the Yankees were claiming to be in the mix for, read HERE.

Joakim Soria seems to have sealed his 2 year deal, with a 3rd year option with the Texas Rangers...read HERE.  Even Eli Whiteside was claimed off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays, read HERE. Good, now someone else can write about Eli Whiteside. I had my fill HERE.

There has to be some type of surprise gift that the Yankees are about to get.. I know it. Right Santa Claus? Come On!  Brian Cashman can't actually seem this quiet and sluggish unless he's got something up his sleeve.  I mean, let's face it, even Santa's confused... Cashman's list is in pencil with plenty of cross outs and eraser smudges. Time seems to be running out just because it looks like after Day 1 of the Winter Meetings in Nashville, moves are happening quickly and teams are engaged..except for the Yankees. Instead, Cashman is trying to figure out if he can sign an infielder with next to no money, a few tokens from Chuck E. Cheese and some Box Tops.

The Yankees are really sticking to that Luxury Tax stuff huh?  It's killing me. I'm a child of the Steinbrenner Era, I like movement...yet... Nothing.

The Yankees needs seem complicated, but they aren't. I mean, from the outside looking in, there are easy fixes under that small budget we have been allotted. First off, there hasn't been a single word from the Yanks on Raul Ibanez and Ichiro Suzuki lately. Why? You want to lock up right field and get a DH at a cheap price? You can do it for about $7 million between the 2 of them. How about a steady infielder or bench player...part-time 3rd baseman? Jeff Keppinger is available, all the Yankees need to do is call. Eric Chavez is playing in 2013, that's been established. I'm not sure why next year would be any different than this year with Chavez... he's 34...sign him.

Now look, the catching situation is no easy task, but the reality is, we have Francisco Cervelli and Austin Romine but Lord knows Brian Cashman wants to upgrade the backstop. And yes, right field is definitely a concern for him, I get feel it. I know he wants a right fielder with power, not Ichiro, because if he truly wanted Ichiro, he would have signed him already. So what will happen? Watch... Ichiro will slip from our grasp and Cashman will be behind the 8 ball again. Let's hope that's not the case. I like Ichiro in pinstripes.

Look, I am praying for a gift this December. Something the Yankees can be proud of, but based on the way things are going, I need to tell you, it don't look good...
And it's a damn shame too because we've been good all year, haven't we?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017