Friday, August 3, 2012

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER IN PITTSBURGH

AJ Burnett is having the time of his life, and we should applaud him for having a tremendous 13-3, 3.27 record so far this season instead of spitting venom because he couldn't hack it in the Bronx. Bottom line, he CAN hack it in Pittsburgh.  Good for him. AJ Burnett's a good pitcher, not a great one, but good one and he happens to be having a great season. I love that kind of stuff.

But listen, one thing we can't do as Yankee fans is bitch and moan at Yankee management because we didn't keep him.  Ya'll were the same guys who were packing his suitcase and trying to get him out of the Bronx... Now you wished he stayed around? Ha. I ain't mad at ya, I'm just making a point. Don't think about AJ Burnett and suggest we missed his "good stuff", we took a chance, he didn't deliver the way we wanted him to in New York and we shipped him to Pittsburgh. It's the roll of the dice. We need to move on and win it on our own, instead of wondering what could have been.

We have what we have, while not perfect and while we're sometimes in a kind of a RISP funk, the Yankees are doing pretty OK, we just need to keep the focus, keep the motivation and keep winning. It's all we can do.

Phil Hughes pitched OK for us in the last game against the Orioles but I see him getting better as August unfolds. In fact, I believe August will be the month for all our pitchers. Hiroki Kuroda has been a pleasant surprise, Ivan Nova is in a "brief" funk, but  I believe he'll get out of it as will CC Sabathia and believe me... We're going to be OK.  But one thing we can't do is "wonder" what AJ Burnett would have done if he was still in New York.  Can I tell you how I think he'd do?  12-14 with a 4.32 ERA. How do I know? I don't... but based on his record while in New York...it's a guess.

Bottom line you can't compare, you can't wonder, you can't guess, you just need to move on, that's it. Oh, and wish Burnett alittle luck too, he's having the season of his life and he deserves it!

AJ, I tip my cap.

Finally, we had a great piece on AJ from a true Pittsburgh Pirates fan. Author Alan Paul has his piece titled BURNETT'S THE GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING IN PITTSBURGH on BYB. Be sure to check it out.
 
ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017