Friday, June 15, 2012

WHY 7 IS THE YANKEES LUCKY NUMBER

There are a ton of important connetions to the number 7 in life. For 1, the Hebrew word for 7 occurs a total of 392 times in the Bible. 007 is the coolest spy I've ever seen, I love James Bond. The number 7 is also for Mickey Mantle and as a kid, my dad told me that's the number I needed to get when uniforms came in to start off the Little League season. #7 is also how many wins the Yankees have right now...in a row. That my friends is a legitimate winning streak in my book...how about you?The Yankees beat Gio Gonzalez and the Nationals tonight, a truly big win, especially when you consider just how good the Nationals are. I have always been a fan of Gonzalez and I root for the guy, there's no doubt about it...but I didn't tonight and life is good in Yankeeland because of it.The Yankees won 7-2 tonight and once again, it had a ton to do with Yankees pitching that was able to keep the Nationals isolated to only 1 run until the 9th inning. Phil Hughes pitched 6 innings and only allowed 6 hits and 1 runs... he also struck out 9. Pretty nice. That being said if pitching keeps the opposing team at bay and your team can score...quite simply, you win. I think I heard John Sterling say that once... damn genius.Also, once again an incredible bullpen did their thing... Cody Eppley and Clay Rapada didn't give up a run, and David Robertson, back finally came in in the 9th. DRob gave up 2 hits and 1 run in his return. Luckily for us, he struck out 1 which increases his total K's to 25 on the season. Don't forget, we are throwing in a $1 of our BYB money into the High Socks for Hope pot for every strikeout DRob gets this season. That, in addition to throwing in money for every Bleedingyankeeblue.com shirt sold... buy one today, you'll be helping a great cause.
Curtis Granderson hit number 20 tonight. He's been homering quite a bit lately, you have to love this guy and all he provides to this Yankees team...he's a leader. He was 2 for 5 tonight. So was Derek Jeter. Nick Swisher was 2 for 4.

I'm thrilled with my Yankees right now. You can't beat this. 7 in a row...We need to keep going...love it.

Final Score: Yankees 7 - Nationals 2.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017