Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WHY BILL HALL SHOULD HAVE STUCK AROUND

I’m just a fan, but when Eric Chavez went down, I started to think, what if Bill Hall didn’t get impatient and just waited it out.  Wouldn’t he have been up right now? Instead, he signed a minor league deal with the Baltimore Orioles, a team that will have a spectacular April and most likely a horrendous finish…history shows that at least.

Eric Chavez fell to yet another injury, whiplash and a possible concussion while diving for a ground ball at third base. Read HERE. The Yankees needed to do some juggling and did, putting him on the new 7-day DL for concussion injuries.  In a corresponding move, Joba Chamberlain was put on the 60-day DL, to make room on the 40-man roster for…wait for it…Jayson Nix?  Man, that could have been Hall’s spot.
In a situation like that, I wished we still had Bill Hall. Not that I have anything against Nix, but I just think that Hall is a better player and he’s seasoned.  Maybe I just like his enthusiasm or maybe I just want Hall to whack some HRs or make a great play or something against the Boston Red Sox where he played in 2010.  There is no denying that I did like the fact that Hall was so excited about being a Yankee. Even Bleeding Yankee Blue showed their positive review on Hall in WHY I LIKE WHAT I SEE FROM BILL HALL.


Ironically, when Hall found out that he was going to start in the minors, on a rotating home field team, he asked for his release.  So yeah…now Hall is playing for Baltimore’s AAA affiliate in Norfolk.  I wonder if he is kicking himself right now, knowing he could have had a shot with the Yankees. Instead, all the glory goes to a guy named Jayson Nix, who just wants to play baseball and is happy to play whenever and wherever the Yankees need him. As Casey says… I guess the timing was wrong.

 

--Travis Lincoln, BYB Guest Writer






ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017