Monday, February 13, 2012

WHY RUSSELL BRANYAN'S READY FOR PINSTRIPES

NJ.com's Jeff Bradley had a piece yesterday about Russell Branyan and the new minor league deal he signed with the Yankees. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out HERE.

I just wanted to share some of Branyan's quotes with you. Look, there is no way to know if Branyan will make the Yankees big club of not until he gets out there this spring and tries to kick some ass, that being said, he's a MLB veteran and if anyone can, he can. Again though, here are some great quotes from Branyan on his deal and alittle more:

“Just to be able to go and put on the pinstripes... I don’t know if it’s really sunk in yet.”

“My whole career has been a challenge... Like a lot of guys in the game, nothing’s been handed to me. No one said it was going to be easy, so you have to embrace it all. I’ve enjoyed the ups and I’ve enjoyed the downs. Going into camp with no guarantee is challenging, but I accept that and embrace that, too.”
“I’ve enjoyed playing in New York... Junior Griffey used to tell me all the time when we played together with Seattle, ‘Man, you’d love playing in Yankee Stadium. I think you’ve got the swing for it. And I think you’d handle it.’

“That comment always stuck. I have always thought, if I get the opportunity to play there, I want to take it. I’m ready to roll. I think I can do this.”

Look, whatever happens, you have to admit, Branyan's likeable. I wish him the best and I hoope he succeeds. Much like Griffey told him, I would love to see this guy as a Yankee in Yankee Stadium. He's got the swing for it and things could get mad exciting.

Spring Training here we come.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017