Saturday, December 24, 2011

WHY SWISHER WON'T MAKE WAVES

Nick Swisher spoke of the Yankees team as a whole last night on the YES Network. Chad Jennings had this story and it's HERE and Swisher is quoted here:

“I think it’s time to put us back on the map... I think with the guys we have going into this season, we feel confident. A lot of people are saying, why haven’t the Yankees made any moves? Well, we didn’t win the most games in the American League last year with just nobody. We feel we have an amazing team, and we’re going to go out there and hope we prove that this year.”

“In New York, people expect to win, and we want to win for them...Regardless of whatever lineup we put on the field, we will be competitive.”

Well, breaking down these quotes from Nick are easy. My opinion is, sure Nick you won all those games with the team you had, which were a bunch of great ball players, but in the end, you didn't win, in fact you lost in the first round of the playoffs. Secondly, they Yankees job is to win, as many games as they can, the division and hopefully the entire playoff run. Now, in fairness, Nick gives no excuses and of course he's going to defend his team. Nick's been under a microscope all winter for failing in the playoffs and he's been attached to trade talk. That being said, Nick Swisher is a New York Yankee true and true and I, after thinking it through, would hate to move him out of the Bronx. I find his personality valuable and I find things that he does to bring others joy to be undeniable. I love the guy. (Read about his Afghanistan trip HERE.)I just found Nick's quotes interesting, it's the total Yankee way, don't talk out of line and protect the family. I respect it... he's wrong, but I respect it.

The Yankees needed 1 pitcher this off season, Hal Steinbrenner said it, read HERE. We missed the boat no doubt and I'd have more respect for our guys if they just came out and said that. But they won't and I understand why... they don't want to cause waves. Now we need to grin and bear it... no big deal. We're the mighty New York Yankees and we can get #28 in 2012 because we believe... right?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017