Sunday, November 27, 2011

WHY SWISHER IS TRULY SWISHALICIOUS

How do you NOT like this guy? There are many things in life I love and support; My family, my New York Yankees and of course the United States military and whenever I read stories about celebrities and athletes going over to be with our troops on their turf, there is a flutter that runs through my heart. It truly is what America is about.

Over this Thanksgiving weekend, Nick Swisher and his gorgeous wife Joanna Garcia went to Forward Operating Base Shank in Logar province... and to make this even more beautiful, it wasn't just a trip, it was their honeymoon. They spent their honeymoon with our U.S. Military. It's not only unselfish, it's patriotic! Read about it HERE.
You can read more about the trip and check out the gallery of photos DVIDSHUB.net.

I wanted to share this story because it's an important one and to be honest, there is not alot of press coverage for this and there should be. Our military is kicking ass and spending numerous hours and years fighting our enemies so we here can be free. It's time to give back and people like Nick are doing that. If you want to support a worthy cause, here are 2 I suggest you look at:

Wounded Warrior Project

Fisher House Foundation

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017