Saturday, December 24, 2011

AN OPEN LETTER TO BRIAN CASHMAN


Dear Ca$h,

I'm writing this letter because like many of Yankee fans across the globe, we are getting concerned. We AREN'T worried that we won't win 97+ games again in 2012 and win the AL East. No, I think we can all agree that we probably have a good enough team to battle for that AL East crown again and land in post-season baseball. But Ca$h, can you honestly look at our starting rotation right now, and with a straight face tell the most devoted fans in the world that we can compete for another World Series Championship?

As you know, the Yankee Universe is one big extended family. From the ownership all the way down to the fans, we all Bleed Yankee Blue! So I ask you, from one Yankee fan to another, what is going on? Why haven't you made a move to improve our starting rotation?

Look, I know there are numbers to crunch, trades to be examined, etc. But we are the New York Yankees! Why can't we solidify our starting 5? Why are we HOPING and PRAYING for Hughes to be healthy and Garcia to somehow piece together 150+ innings for us? How much longer do we have to all but concede games after just 2 innings almost every 5th day that AJ pitches? What can't you fix this Ca$h?


Look Ca$h, I want you to know I am a big fan of yours. Sure you've made some mistakes but I also think you don't get enough credit, especially for those dominant teams from 1998-2001. Okay, so you were a young GM who inherited the "Core Four" and some other great young players who were groomed by Gene Michaels, Bob Watson, and Buck Showalter. But throughout those years, you were also adding key pieces to each team that brought us Yankee fans all those championships. So for that I want personally thank you!
But, the past is the past Ca$h. You know how this works better than anyone. Even 2009 is becoming a distant memory. Don't get me wrong, credit should be given to you and for that championship team but what happened after that season up to today? It seems that this Yankee teams is holding together by very, very weak shoe strings that could snap at any moment. Don't you feel that way too Ca$h? This letter is not to give you jazz about a specific trade or anything. It's not tell you which free agent you should sign either. All I wanted to do is let you know there is some concern in Yankeeland. There is some concern that not enough is being done to IMPROVE this team. Yankeeland is concerned that 97+ wins and the AL East title has now become the only goal of the Yankee organization.

As a die hard Yankee fan I want you to know I stand behind you Ca$h. I want you to succeed because if you succeed, the Yankees succeed.

Your success = Yankee Championships = happy, happy Yankee fans everywhere!

Go get 'em Ca$h!


Bleeding-Yankee-Blue-til-the-day-I-die,


--Mikey Blue


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter
@BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of the pitchers looked better this off season simply because they were available. To me it seemed like a crop of low 2's to 4's. Those are the type you don't want to have a long term deal. I'm glad he held his ground and I think we will see that next season. Also we don't need any more AJ's preventing us from picking up an awesome ace in the next two off seasons. I think Cash is doing what he has to do. plus don't forget about the luxury tax rate incentive. Keep it one year below and go back to low rate. That savings will help sign better players in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017