Friday, May 13, 2011

YANKEES VS. ROYALS: AN OVERVIEW

I couldn’t help but continue to think about the Yankees 2 losses to the Royals. I did all day. The Yankees were terrible. Runs left on base and horrendous miscues and overthrows both games are no excuse. These are major league ballplayers, how, in front of your home crowd, do you get owned by the Kansas City Royals of all teams?

One thing a ballplayer never does is share there true emotion in a post game interview after a loss. Yes, they say how it a was a “tough loss” but they will “come back out tomorrow and win.” I say that stuff on this blog a lot, I admit, but there’s 1 difference, I’m a fan, not a player.

Just once I want to see Mark Teixeira lose his shit in a post game interview “We sucked Kim Jones. I didn’t hit, the Royals rocked and we just couldn’t do anything right. I hate myself right now.” Maybe then at that point he knocks over the water cooler and shoves Sweeny Murti as he storms off. But… Nothing. The robot line is always what they choose “we’ll come back tomorrow and win.” I understand the class of this, but when they lose 2 big ones going into the Boston series, I want them to punch the TV and kick a reporter. Feel bad, but show it.

Emotion is what more of us want. Clutch hitting is another. Jeter went 0-6 on Wednesday night. His nickname is Captain Clutch. Somehow the 2 don’t connect, see what I mean? Jorge Posada is a veteran who knows how to work walks as well as he hits home runs. He chose to look foolish and strikeout Wednesday night with a major opportunity to win the game for New York, again, men were on base. He did it again tonight against the Red Sox. Big moments with men on base and nothing happens. Concern? I'd say yes.

Look, I’m not singling those 2 out, well, I am, but it’s merely to make a point. Veterans, and just ballplayers in general need to play to win. I’ve been seeing sloppiness and a funk I can’t explain, but don’t like and the worst part is were now in the Boston Series, a team HAVE to beat!

Look, maybe they underestimated the Royals, who knows, but they all looked alittle tired and in a funk. Curtis Granderson needs to pass the potion, whatever it is to get these guys moving. Curtis is pulling his weight, A-Rod is not.

My New York Yankees are not losers but they sure played like losers for the past couple days. Pride and Victory…That’s my New York Yankees, nothing less.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017