Friday, May 13, 2011

WHY WE'RE IN A BAD PLACE

(photo: AP)
The Yankees are in a world of hurt. Yes, certain players and pitchers are pulling their weight, but the stars are lost and while it's only May, these are the Red Sox and our game play is embarrassing.

Bartolo Colon gave the Yankees another solid outing and what do the Yankees have to show for it? Nothing. I'm not exactly sure why Jor Girardi continues to protect his "big boy" pitchers. Colon in the 7th had a base runner and suddenly, right away he runs out to the mound to get another pitcher, hence, at that point the bullpen, namely Joba, gives up a home run in the 7th and the evil Red Sox take the lead for good. I'm not even mad at Joba, he's not going to be perfect every game, I just want my boys to score runs.(photo: Getty)
Tonight I liked that Russell Martin tied the game in the 5th with a 2 run home run off Buchholz, but I was looking for more. Martin seems to be struggling a bit, so it's nice to see him solid again. I've expressed this before, but I need to repeat it, Martin on the Yankees is a great thing.

That being said, the Yankees hitting is dicey. Yes, Granderson is the bright spot in the lineup. He seems to always get a hit or homer, but what the hell is going on with my team? The Yankees have lost 7 out of 10 and I am not pleased. The Yanks had opportunities, but like always, waiting until the 8th and 9th inning and playing catchup is no way to win.

And I hate to keep harping on Jorge Posada, but it's not a good scene seeing him in the batter's box right now. Posada has been in huge spots with men on base and he's the furthest from clutch as I've ever seen him.

You can chalk this up as a pitching battle tonight, but to me, this game is a must win. 2 loses to the Royals and then a third to the Red Sox and we're on a three game losing streak very quickly Ladies and Gentlemen. I am not liking this.

Final Score tonight: Red Sox5 - Yankees 4.

Tomorrow it's a true pitching duel, CC Sabathia verses Josh Beckett. To me, I feel like CC Monster is overdue for a huge win here, Beckett is due to blow it. Why not, right? Come on New York, a win to turn it around is needed. No one wants to lose 4 in a row...no one.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017