Thursday, February 13, 2014

EL CAPITÁN DESERVES LOVE FROM US ALL


For as long as I can remember, the meaning of being a New York Yankee was resiliency, determination, passion and the hunger to bring home a World Series. No one brought justice to that meaning more than Derek Jeter.

In a career that spanned 20 years, he was able to take the game of baseball, both on and off the field, to new heights. Although I never had the luxury of watching him in his early years, I was able to witness his legacy first hand when I visited New York in 2012 with my father. 

Generations past can speak of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Yogi Berra and so on, as their baseball heroes, but for my generation, Derek Jeter is my hero.  Derek Jeter is baseball.


The trials and tribulations that this great pastime endured, he was able to shrug off. While the negative headlines that plagued newspapers and reports were being written, Derek Jeter was writing his own history.  The records he broke, the euphoria he brought to the Yankee symbol, the class he held himself with as Captain and the spirit and determination he played the game with, will always stand out as his greatest professional accomplishment. 

Personally I wish him the best in life because God knows, from every loving New York Yankee fan out there, El Capitán deserves it.




--Joey Moses, enthusiastic Yankee fan from Australia
Read my BYB Interview: FROM THE BRONX, AUSTRALIA...WITH LOVE 



Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017