Saturday, May 5, 2012

WHAT WOULD JETER TWEET DURING HIS HOT STREAK?


Yeah, it’s a growing debate. In this world of social networks where information and opinion is literally right at your fingertips, many believe that guys like Derek Jeter may or may not ever tweet…EVER.  Some however believe that it’s only a matter of time before Derek Jeter actually starts tweeting.  It’s true,  some people actually believe that he’ll cave to the social media and sign up and start following every Victoria Secret’s model, Major league ballplayer and guys like Jim Carrey and Will Ferrell.  (I picture Jeet as a guy who will go see Anchorman in the theater by himself…and laughing his ass off, funny right?)
So with Jeter finally finding comfort at the plate, hitting almost every game this season, many emailed me wondering if I would do some kind of witty post about what Jeet would say to the Twitter world if he was infact on Twitter… I came up with this.


OK, so maybe that’s not Jeter’s style, but lord knows when you’re feeling good, you feel invincible and as far as I’m concerned, as long as he keeps on hitting, the Captain can do and say whatever he wants.  He won’t because that’s just not him, but it’s funny all the same. OK, How about this:

Look, if Derek Jeter wanted a Bleedingyankeeblue.com shirt, I’d send it to him and I’d pay for it. Remember $1 of the shirt purchase goes toward High Socks for Hope.  As long as Jeet wore it to the clubs, it makes no difference to me, just say the word DRob! OK, how about this one:


OK, so I chose Francisco Cervelli in this one.  Cisco is one of the few Yankees that actually appreciates my humor! Plus, he actually responds to you when you tweet him.  Thank you for that! We hope to see you this season Frankie!

Seriously though, for all of you that believe that one day Jeet will tweet, I’m here to say that I just don’t see it, plus, this is probably more fun anyway, right? Seriously though,  the guy is way too private and doesn’t appear to have any interest in that sort of thing.  This is a professional New York Yankee, I throwback, a modern day icon in pinstripes.  No… I just don’t see it, but it’s fun to think about at least. I hope you had fun with this one.

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017