Saturday, May 5, 2012

WHY THE YANKS DON'T QUIT & NEITHER DOES MO

Judging by some of the comments I received from my piece titled WHY A HURT MARIANO ISN’T ARMAGEDDON, some of you just aren’t getting it.  We’re the Yankees, we have the need and want to win it all.  I was asked why it would be so easy for me to replace the great Mariano Rivera.  Let’s be frank… if Mariano Rivera was our closer and suddenly I was out calling for David Robertson to take over, and a healthy Rivera was standing there, that would be me calling for Mo’s replacement.  Not only that, I would be bat shit crazy to suggest it.

No, that’s not what I’m doing.  What I’m suggesting is giving someone like DRob a shot to close for the New York Yankees while Mariano Rivera is on the mend.  I mean, let’s be honest, Mo will probably miss the entire season now easy.  So, what are you guys suggesting? Maybe we should just get to the 9th inning and blow the game? Not use someone stable in the pen to finish it off, shut down the competition and get the save?
Believe me, no one is replacing Mo, and no one can, but let’s not forget, we have an entire season to play and the goal is the win it all, and let’s be honest, that’s WITH or WITHOUT Mo in 2012.  That was my point and that was always my point.  We still need to win and we can’t cry in our beer because Mariano has a boo boo. Besides, there was some great news from the Mariano front today that really made me smile.

Earlier today, I was having a conversation with someone on Twitter who was concerned that Mariano would leave baseball just like this...hurt.
Luckily, I may be right. A few hours after I wrote that Tweet, it was revealed from Mariano himself, that he will be back, read HERE. He said:

"I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this. This has me thinking...I can't go down like this."

The best part is, if Mariano says he coming back, then he's coming back.  Believe it.  We were so concerned this season would be his last, but I'm here to tell you fighters always win and winners never quit.  Mariano is a fighter and a winner and we'll see Mo again next season...believe it.

You guys know us well enough here at Bleeding YankeeBlue.  We love our team, we support our players and we are obsessed with the Core Four.  I have not and will not ever suggest replacing Mo is what we need to do.  But, if Mo retires, or if Mo is hurt and clearly can’t pitch…what the hell’s the alternative? I know… winning, at all costs with whomever the next in line is.  We here at BYB have chosen DRob for 2012.  We love the guy and just posted a tremendous piece called ENTER THE ERA OF DAVID ROBERTSON.  That’s who’s next in line when and if Mariano can no longer do the incredible job he’s done for the past several years. Now that I got that off my chest… Go Yanks!

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017