Friday, January 27, 2012

IS RAUL IBANEZ BRONX BOUND?



So scanning through the New York Post sports section this morning and I see the following headline, "Yankees interested in Ibanez".  You can read the column HERE.

Anyway, needless to say that caught my eye.  There is no question our pitching has miraculously shaped up over the last few weeks but the one big hole in our lineup is the lack of a left handed DH with power.  Here at BYB we have discussed a few possibilities such as Matusi (read HERE), Damon (read HERE), and even Adam Dunn (read HERE).  But one name I have not thought of much was Raul Ibanez but the more I think about it the more I like it.



Ibanez's average dropped last year, hitting only .245 but he still hit 20 HR's and drove in 84.  For Ibanez that was a down year because the previous 4 seasons he averaged 24 HR's and 100 RBIs.  But if we got a left handed DH who could bang out 20 HR's and 84+RBIs, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Okay, so Ibanez is 39-years-old but who cares really if he is DH'ing?  Plus, like Damon and Matsui he has post season series experience and knows how to play and hit in the big game.  Is Ibanez my first choice, no.  But I certainly would not be upset if the Yankees brought him to the Bronx for a year or two for the right price.

What do you all think?

Be sure to check back often with Bleeding Yankee Blue for all your Yankee news. Also be sure to #BYB on twitter.



--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017