Friday, June 10, 2011

HEY PAPI... FLIP THIS!

I had to write something about that horrendous 3 games against the Sox but, what can I say about this series that hasn’t already been said before? Well, one of the things that make Yankee fans so great is their ability to be objective without losing loyalty to their team.

When we suck, we suck, and we tell it like it is. We’re not blaming umpires for bad calls, the other team for cheating, the weather, or anything else but our performance; and during this series there was little, if anything, to write home about.

The Red Sox outplayed the Yankees by far. The irony of it all is that it literally seemed like our boys in pinstripes weren’t even trying. At one point during Game #3, I was waiting for the grounds crew to go out onto the field with lawn chairs, so that our boys would be more comfortable watching the Red Sox run around the bases. It was like a revolving door stuck in motion, they just kept circling, scoring, and we just watched. I didn’t think that the David Ortiz “bat flip” was as big of a deal as Girardi made it out to be. Trust me, from my seat at home I was flipping a lot more than a bat at my TV.

I took it like this, Papi was saying “C’mon, man, we’ve waited to play you guys to fight for first place, and you’re not even trying….so step it up!” Not that we want to make it fun for anyone, but let’s think about something for a minute. You are the opposing team, fighting for first place in the AL EAST, a rivalry that spans decades and personifies professional competition. You show up ready to play, and your rival team basically says “eh, I don’t feel like playing today,” it is like taking candy from a baby. Regardless of what we might think, the Red Sox are a professional ball club too, and they want to earn their spot. Under these circumstances, they didn’t earn squat and they know it, just like we know it. At least put up a fight, huh?

In my opinion, our skipper needs to focus a little less on creating drama in the media, and focus a little more on the team. With all of the heated emotions swirling around before the teams made it to the field, Joe Girardi was talking big smack against Papi for the bat flip, and Papi fired right back.

I hate to tell you this, Joe but you are not in a position to talk smack to anyone right now...not even my grandma.

We had no pitching, no bullpen, no defense, and a ridiculous amount of base running errors. The focus should have been there, not on the other team and what they were doing, saying, or not doing. Get your stuff together, and right the ship. I don’t care if Big Papi flips his bat every time he plays the Yankees now, or if Youkilis shows up wearing a dress….you do US, and let the other teams worry about THEMSELVES...



--Christy Lee, BYB Staff Writer



--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Associate Editor



Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so on point it isn't funny!! Sure wish i would have seen this sooner but i'm gonna post it anyway.... Omw, so on point. He's like a woman and trying to get off point that we aren't doing anything.. heeheh... Lord, I luv you.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a big fan of Big Papi even though he killed Yankee pitching, Loved that he called on any player who used HGH should be banned,

    Then he got caught and not a word out of his piehole, Then he gets hit ONE F**ing time and he is a whiney crybaby. As far as I am concerned I feel about ortix is like how I feel about Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, McGuire and also guys like Spaceman Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017