Sunday, October 13, 2024

THOSE MUSTACHES DON'T BEAT THE ULTIMATE!


I am watching these Yankee games and I'm seeing dudes like Austin Wells and Jon Berti and I have to say, they have great mustaches... but none of them measure up to our guy Brendan Ryan when he was wearing his proudly with the Yankees.


Look, there's no question that Austin Wells and his mustache are a team. The guy has had that thing for a while. It's full, it's part of him and no question he takes care of it.  


Then you got Jon Berti's stache, and I felt like that thing just showed up.  I don't remember Berti to ever have a mustache... am I wrong?  I felt like he was looking at Wells one day and was like "I can do that" and just grew it.  Look, it works for him I guess, but it's not my favorite stache at all.

My favorite stache is Brendan Ryan's hands down.  First off, Brendan was for a while one of our faves in this Yankee house. When he was on the Yanks, my kid was a young baseball player, middle infielder and Ryan was the guy... he loved Ryan.   And it was right around that time that the stache was in full force. I think what was so special about Ryan was not only his athleticism in the field, but the fact that that mustache just showed up and was perfect from day 1.  


I guess all this mustache talk brings me back to the Ryan days... 2013 to 2015.  No, the Yankees weren't the best, but for me in my life I was comforting, and I almost equate it to a simpler time, a positive time. The Yankees were right there, but in my life the kids were younger, there was less going on... my kids would hang out more.  These days everyone is grown... the two older ones are in college, my younger ones have reached that teenager age where they're too cool for their parents... and here I am sitting with my wife thinking about the way it once was, and when Brendan Ryan had the ultimate Yankee mustache.

Life moves pretty fast sometimes. Cherish every moment and soak it in, because before you know it... it all is just a memory.

Shout out to a simpler time... and one of the best dude's out there with one of the best mustaches in Yankee history... Brendan Ryan.

Hope all is well my guy! The best to you, Sharyn and the kiddos!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.