Wednesday, October 16, 2024

JUDGE ENDS PLAYOFF DROUGHT BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL ADJUSTMENT


I have to admit, I was watching Aaron Judge hit for weeks and I felt like something was off.  My kid is a pretty solid hitter, but he's a wizard when it comes to hitting mechanics, and he saw something that I didn't really see. All I saw in Judge was that he was "off". I didn't see the other stuff and how the upper body was not working with the lower body, but my kid, now a senior playing college ball did see it.  After a few at bats last night, he texted me this:


Well, something happened after that because when Judge hit his homer last night, it was clear he figured it out, through tape, through reps, whatever.

 No, this isn't our Bleeding Yankee Blue feature today... that will come from Suzie Pinstripe. This post is a nugget, a quick note to talk baseball shop, mechanics and just how much we needed Judge to "figure it out" in this ALCS.  

Who knows what will happen in Cleveland. What I do hope however is that the Yankees make it to the World Series.  As my friend texted me last night, "Boone seems to be doing everything right for a change." I quickly answered, "Yup, that's what it appears."  

There's always time for Boone to mess this up, but you need to give him credit... he's finally playing chess with the Yankees... not checkers. It's about freaking time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.