Tuesday, August 29, 2023

WHEN THE HELL DID WE ALL GET SOFT & FEEL BAD FOR A LOSING MANAGER?


We are in a world where no one can understand disappointment for someone.  We are in a world where no one can admit blame. We are in a world where we feel sorry for people who can't do their job. By the way, when I grew up, managers got fired for not making the playoffs.  These days managers get extensions for being mediocre.  These days, the baseball world feels bad for Aaron Boone, the leader of the team.  "He doesn't swing the bats" and "He's not on the mound". All true statements, but he's also not rallying the troops or instilling a rally cry and setting this team up for success either.  

The latest comments about Aaron Boone come from his brother Bret, because that's not biased or anything, right? The New York Post writes that Bret Boone was on Sports Talk Chicago and said:

“I watch that team on a daily basis, and all due respect to [Anthony] Volpe, I think he’s gonna be a really good player — if he’s hitting fifth for the New York Yankees, you’re in trouble... And I think that’s what Aaron’s got to deal with. And I think Aaron’s done a great job. And I’ll tell you, I have to take my brother hat off sometimes. But you have to be honest. I’m honest with him, too.

“The players love Aaron Boone. He backs them to a fault. He loves his team. He loves his players. He’s one of the most passionate men I’ve ever been around.”

I have heard the players love Aaron Boone so many times now and it's not an argument when it comes to baseball.  Why? I'll tell you.  You can love the guy who's leading you, but if there's no motivation, no true leadership, no push, that gets old quick. Why? BECAUSE COMPETITORS HATE LOSING.  

If we are all ok with friendships and not winning, then the scenario where Aaron Boone stays manager of the New York Yankees works. 

But that is not what the fans are in it for. We are in it for the Yankees being led to championships year after year, and when the team does not win, or even fails to make the playoffs... THAT SEASON IS CONSIDERED A FAILURE.

When the hell did we all get soft and feel bad for the losing manager?  I'm over it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017