Tuesday, August 29, 2023

TURNS OUT GIO URSHELA IS NOT JOSH DONALDSON. HE'S BETTER!


In 62 games with the Angels, Gio Urshela is batting .299 with a .703 OPS. Respectable.  Josh Donaldson batted .142 this year and was out a hell of a lot. I always hated getting rid of Gio, but I was hopeful that Josh Donaldson would have a good few seasons with us.  

Defensively I loved Donaldson at third, but I gotta tell ya, defesne was always Gio's strong suit. So, when Josh showed up and literally hit worse than Gio, and still played great defense, I was like "What's the point of this trade?"

Gio shouldn't have been traded away. I remember Brian Cashman's stupid comments about Josh and Gio.

Turns out Josh Donaldson is not Gio Urshela.  This may be the worst trade the Yankees have ever made... right up there with Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps.  Disaster.  

You know what I'd love? If Cashman was a man and just came out and said "You know what? I really blew that trade, I regret it, I'm sorry." I think the fans would respect him more.

Donaldson send a note out after being released today. 

Look, no hard feelings. This guy's a gamer even though he can't play too well anymore. I wish Josh well.

Oh, and by the way, I was accused of being a total asshole earlier when in my post JOSH DONALDSON GONZO! when I said that I loved today after reporting that Josh got released.  I want to explain. I wasn't being heartless; I was merely suggesting that I loved today because I see movement in the Yankees organization to better the team.  This is a good step.  

Anyway, that's that. I can't wait to see what's next. Maybe we can win a few games? How special would that be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017