Monday, October 24, 2022

IT'S TIME TO CUT THE CRAP AND REBUILD FOR 2023!



WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?

I can't believe what just happened. I don't want to believe what just happened. I'm literally sick to my stomach. I hate the ASSTROS and I absolutely hate the downward spiral this team has taken. I hate that Aaron Boone and Brian Cashman have these high expectations, but they can't deliver....and they are still here. What happened to accountability?

I think the Yankees need to say goodbye to both Boone and Cashman. It's time. In 2017 Joe Girardi lost the ALCS and didn't come back and was "at odds" with some of the younger players and the Yankees chose to walk away. Boone is supposed to be this great "players manager" and we just saw his players that he is supposed to have a great repour doubt him.


And I've always doubted him. I know I'm not alone and fans may not "count" but when fans and players start criticizing you that says a lot. This team doesn't know how to win with Boone in charge. They don't know NOW, and I don't think they ever will know because I don't think anyone can TEACH Boone how to manage and win and then expect that to translate to the team.... especially if the team no longer includes Aaron Judge who carried the team on his back all season.


The blame doesn't fall only on Boone. He tried to "manage" the team that was given to him and that was constructed by Brian Cashman. A year ago, I said IT'S TIME TO STICK IT TO CASHMAN: 2022 IS "MAKE IT, OR BREAK IT!" and I still feel that way.... now more than ever. Cashman hasn't been able to get the job done and he's had more chances than anyone should. He also has a budget that many small market GMs would drool over, but he hasn't been able to construct a winning team. A winning team doesn't mean the team that spends the most money either, the Dodgers and Mets are proof of that. It's about finding the RIGHT players....and he hasn't done it.


Yet we start fresh every Spring with Cashman and Boone hoping for a different result and it is insanity. I'm tired of it. It's time for new blood.... everywhere. Clean house and let's reconstruct this, but I don't think the Yankees will. They don't think that way. I don't understand their logic at all.

I'm tired of losing. I'm tired of writing about losing. I'm tired of complaining about Boone and Cashman but as long as they are here that seems inevitable. Now I just hope and pray that the Phillies can crush the ASSTROS....and then write about a new manager and GM coming in 2023. I'm not going to hold my breath about that last part.




--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj 

6 comments:

  1. When will everyone admit Judge has been with the Yankees for many seasons and not won a single championship. Does anyone believe he will take this team over the top next year or for how ever long he is with the Yankees.Both sides need to move on in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Yankees want to get to the WS AGAIN AND COMPETE W ASTROS CASHMAN AND BOONE NEED TO GO. JUDGE AND RIZZO WILL BE GONE IF YOU DONT MAKE A DRAMATIC CHANGE. THIS TEAM HAS GOTTEN WORSE AND GOING NO WHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Donaldsons Hicks IKF Montas's are the cheap way out. No prospects coming through from your system and not given the change to flourish is the wrong direction. Look at Jeremey Pena of Astros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't resign Judge you are telling the future prospects that you don't care about your own players. Judge is the reason why you got to the playoffs at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opening day in 2023 will not be pretty if AARON JUDGE IS INTRODUCED ON THE OPPOSITE TEAM ALONG W RIZZO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your analytics dept needs to revamped. If you continue to micro manage games via analytics is getting you no where but losses. Players need to be held and benched when they don't run out an out or possible Hr Double full forced out of the box. This continues to happen with this tea. Without any consequences and its getting old

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017