Monday, June 13, 2022

HOLY CARP! MATT CARPENTER'S STILL GOT IT!


I still can't believe what we saw yesterday. I woke up this morning and reminded myself that yesterday wasn't a dream at all. The Yankees just annihilated the Chicago Cubs and ran a football score thanks to one unexpected star.

In a season that has been all about Aaron Judge so far....for once, it was not about Judge. Yesterday was all about Matt Carpenter and it was exciting to see. I will admit, I didn't expect it and I'm sure I'm not alone because Carpenter has had a rough couple of years recently.


But maybe a change in scenery will do him some good. The last 2 seasons were not good for Carpenter, and is a contributing factor to why he's no longer playing in St. Louis and also why the Rangers released him from Triple-A after he requested back in May. 

It's nice to see Carpenter making the most of his new opportunity. So far, he's 3-for-4 with a pair of home runs, a double and seven RBIs. In 10 games since signing with the Yankees in late May he has 8 hits and 6 of those are homeruns. It's a small sample size, but nice to see.

Carpenter says he has found his swing again and has embraced critics saying he is "washed up" and recent success will just be a flash in the pan but he is determined to keep playing and contributing, read more HERE

I guess we wait and see what he can contribute to going forward, but I like his determination. I will always stand behind the guy that says he wants to keep playing "until they tell me I can't," compared to a guy like Marwin Gonzalez who cheated and doesn't deserve to wear pinstripes....granted that last part is my opinion.

I would like to ask the Yankees to make sure he has just enough time to make his magic salsa. If there is a track record proving his success with it then get that man the ingredients and have him share it in the clubhouse. 

Oh and the mustache seems to work too. The Yankees are on a roll right now, let's hope they keep rolling and Carpenter can continue to roll with them.


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017