Friday, April 1, 2022

CHAPMAN JUST WANTS TO PITCH!


Alot of people can't stand Aroldis Chapman. I personally love the guy. I love his delivery and love that he's a competitor. Look, he's lost games for us once in a while, but Mariano Rivera has too. It's part of the game. You can't be perfect all the time.

With the evolution of the Yankees, I found this to be an interesting nugget on a Friday. When it comes to the bullpen and Chapman, his role could change one in a while. Maybe he wouldn't come in the game in the 9th to close it out. Maybe his role would be different. That's the way it seems it could go.


"Boone recently approached Aroldis Chapman about tweaking his role this season.


The hard-throwing left-hander will still hold the same title entering the 2022 regular season, but this closer will occasionally make appearances in the eighth inning...

"They told me there's gonna be some situations there where I might get in the game in the eighth," Chapman said Friday through the team's interpreter after making his spring training debut against the Phillies at BayCare Ballpark. "At the end of the day, I'm here to pitch, right? Whatever works."

That attitude works for me. He's a gamer and he's doing what he needs to do to help the team win and to get in games. I'll take that any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017