Wednesday, February 23, 2022

GOSSAGE IS A BAD ASS & MANFRED NEEDS TO STEER CLEAR!


Rich Gossage is pissed, and I love it.  This is a guy that was larger than life back in the Yankees hey-day, a sometimes 3-inning closer with arms and legs coming at you on any given night to close out a game. And he doesn't take shit. He's a competitor. And now... as an old man, that hasn't changed one bit. Rich Gossage is pissed about the MLB Lockout and has a lot to say about it.

This comes from Fansided, who got the story from USA Today. Love this! You Go Goose!

"Gossage went into detail for his disdain for Manfred, revealing that he’s been wanting to punch Manfred since last year’s Hall of Fame induction ceremony. “I hate that mother (expletive)” Gossage told USA Today. “You know how much I hate him? I called (Hall of Fame chairman) Jane Forbes Clark before the induction last year and said, ‘Jane, I don’t know where you stand with this guy, but I may punch Rob Manfred right in the (expletive) nose and spatter his (expletive) nose all over his (expletive) face right in the lobby of your hotel.”



The man Gossage holds responsible for this and for literally stopping the game with the lockout is Rob Manfred. Although Gossage held back during his Hall of Fame ceremony, if Manfred continues to ruin the game, Gossage may be the only hope of ending the lockout with a knockout."

I happen to agree with Gossage when it comes to who is responsible for the lockout. In the MLB right now, the game has changed, much of it has to do with Manfred. Out of frustration, I know the players are irritated with Manfred too and that's why there is a lockout.  This guy has been terrible for baseball.

The final straw for me was making the DH universal. I mean, the NL was real baseball and now that's ruined.  He's horrible for the game. Gossage is definitely onto something.

I would pay money to see Goose knock this guy out.  How can we make that happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017