Saturday, January 29, 2022

"PERSONALITYLESS" BELTRAN TO WORK THE YES NETWORK BOOTH


I don't like it. There are things that I love and things that I hate. I don't hate this... but I honestly don't love it either. That being said, I know change is a thing and I guess as a diehard Yankee fan, I will need to embrace it.

The New York Post writes:

"The 20-year veteran has been hired by YES Network as a game analyst and is expected to call 36 games, YES’s Jack Curry announced Friday....

looking to fill a void left when David Cone joined ESPN’s “Sunday Night Baseball” team and Ken Singleton retired.

That opened the door for Beltran, who has been away from the game since he was dismissed as Mets manager in January 2020, less than three months after he was hired, in the wake of the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal. He did not manage a single game."



And I guess that's what bothers me the most. You have a team willing to hire you and then fire you on the spot when the revelations of Astros sign stealing scandal emerged, but YES just hires the guy like we forgot it or something.

Beltran's a good dude. But the Yankees and YES don't owe him anything.  Will he be successful for the 30 plus games he calls? I'm sure he'll do fine. But I have NEVER seen Beltran as a personality, and I certainly would have taken a Cameron Maybin (Read) over Beltran in the booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017