Monday, August 2, 2021

YANKEES SWEEP AS THE INJURY LIST GROWS


Just before the Yankees swept the Marlins, the Injured List grew after Domingo German was added to it mysteriously. It's nice to see the Yankees beefed up roster make an impact, but I'm tired of losing more guys. It's time to #Squadup and make it work!

I'm interested to hear what the updates will be on German, he just had two decent starts including a good outing against the Red Sox and he said he felt "phenomenal" after his last start so it's unclear when this injury happened. Early reports are shoulder inflammation, and I hope it's nothing more serious. After missing all of last season I'm really not surprised to hear he has a sore shoulder I just hope it won't be a long term injury.


I don't think the Yankees did a lot to strengthen the current rotation before Friday's trade deadline, so this hurts a little more. I know some people are excited about Andrew Heaney, but I am not. A lefty is always nice to have, but the Yankees didn't need just any lefty. Heaney is a fly ball pitcher who relies on his fastball, curveball, changeup repertoire translated to a 5.27 ERA in Angels stadium and I am not anxious to see how that pans out in Yankee stadium. He can get hitters to chase, but he's a #5 starter that I don't think is an upgrade.

German isn't perfect by any means but,  after missing significant time the Yankees have time to develop him more and he's already showed us an impressive outing against the Red Sox. There's potential there whereas Heaney is just a rental (at least I hope).


I hope for good news with German as well as a return soon for both Luis Severino and Corey Kluber and I'd rather give Nestor Cortes some more playing time. I'm crossing my fingers, because I am not sold on Heaney.



  --Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
     BYB Managing Editor
    Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017